Contrary to popular myth, there is no limit on annual tourist arrivals. Actual bottleneck is the limited capacity of the flight seats. So it's strongly recommended to arrange Bhutan tour in due advance, ideally 6 months or even more.
Tourist visa rules
- Tourist visas are only issued to the travelers coming on package tour from the registered Bhutanese tour operator – like us.
- In order to get visas, you need to send us passport data page scan and wire the full tour payment.
- Passport validity has to be minimum 6 months after the planned arrival date.
- In urgent cases, visas can be issued quickly, just 2-3 working days after receiving full tour payment.
Minimum package tours cost is fixed by the government of Bhutan. Tariff differs according to number of people, season, and the program.
|No. of people||Approximate per night charge|
|1 person||290-320 USD||290-320 USD|
|2 people||210-230 USD||255 USD|
|3 and more||180-200 USD||225 USD|
The amounts above are approximate only. For exact quote, please contact us.
You also need to count 40 USD per person as visa fee, single room supplement, possible extras (like domestic flight etc.), optional activities (rafting, bicycle rent etc.) and banking fees.
Discounts are applicable for children and students, for longer stays and in other cases.
Tours visiting Eastern Bhutan districts (Mongar, Lhuentse, Tashigang, Tashiyangtse, Pemagatshel and Samdrup Jongkhar) are discounted by 65 USD per person per night till the end of 2020 to promote tourism. See Eastern Bhutan Promotion tours.
What is included
- Accommodation in 3* hotel (4* and 5* are available in some places on extra payment)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (excluding drinks)
- All transportation in private vehicle with driver
- English speaking Bhutanese guide
In case of trekking:
- Tents and other camping equipment
- Cook who prepare the food and helper staff to build tents etc.
- Horse or yak for baggage hauling
Payment and visa issuing process
- Payment for the package tour should to be wired to travel agency bank account ideally 1 month before the trip, so all the formalities can be arranged safely.
- Payment can be made using international bank account transfer (SWIFT) or card (debit or credit).
- After the payment is received, we will apply for visa on your behalf. When the visas are granted, we will send you Visa approval letter. You will need this visa confirmation while checking into the flight to Bhutan.
- Visa stamp into your passport will be only given at the immigration after arrival to Bhutan.
We will be happy to provide all necessary information to make your trip to Bhutan reasonable and successful. Please do contact us.