Traveling to Bhutan is easy. You can come in group or totally alone. You can fix your program according to your interests. Just follow the steps below.
Find Trip & Dates
Book Tour & Tickets
Pay, get Visa & Go!
- Pay for the tour (card, account...)
- Get Visa Clearance
- Get all practical info from us
- Enjoy with our skillful team!
Contrary to popular myth, there is no limit on annual tourist arrivals. Actual bottleneck is the tour cost and capacity of the flight seats. We recommend starting Bhutan tour arrangements in due advance, ideally 6 months or even more.
Tourist visa/permit after the 20th June 2022 tourism reform
- Tourists entering Bhutan from all countries except of India needs to get visa costing 40 USD. Indian visitors need to arrange free travel permit.
- As of September 2022, visas/permits can only be issued to travelers coming to Bhutan on package tour arranged by tour operator like us or through hotel.
- All tourists have to pay Sustainable Development Fee (SDF) per person per night. For the majority of the countries it is 200 USD. Children below 5 are exempted and below 12 pay 50%. Indian tourists pay 1200 INR (~15 USD) with no discounts applicable.
- From 23 September 2022, tourists will be allowed to apply for visas/permits themselves through government operated visa portal. For further information about this, ask your questions to Tourism Council of Bhutan or Department of Immigration.
Full package cost
Firefox Tours is offering package costs in approximately following ranges. Cost greatly depends on tour length, accommodation etc. For precise calculation of any tour, kindly contact us.
|👫 People||🌐 World (USD rate)||🇮🇳 India (INR rate)|
|1||~400–500 USD||~16,000–24,000 INR|
|2||~350–400 USD||~12,000–16,000 INR|
|3+||~300–350 USD||~8,000–12,000 INR|
✅ Cost includes: Sustainable Development Fee. English-speaking guide. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Accommodation in 3★ hotels on double/twin sharing basis. Transportation in a comfortable vehicle with a driver.
⛰️ During trekking: Accommodation in tents on trek. Services of cook and helper staff on trek. Dining tent with chairs, tables, plates, and cutlery. Luggage hauling on mules/yaks.
❎ Cost excludes: Bhutan visa 40 USD. International flight tickets. Drinks other than tea and coffee. Tips, personal expenses and other unexpected expenses. Entrance fees. Bank transfer fees or card payment fee.
🎁 Complimentary from Firefox: Map of Bhutan given on arrival. Bottled water provided in the vehicle. Local SIM card with balance for data and call. Bhutan visit certificate to remember the tour.
🛌 Single room supplement: Odd participants needs to pay extra for single room arrangements.
Visa/permit application & issuing process
- For visa/permit issuing we need to receive payment of agreed tour advance. Payment should be executed minimum 7 days before the trip, so all the formalities can be arranged safely.
- You need to provide us passport data page scan and passport sized photograph. Passport validity has to be minimum 6 months after the planned arrival date.
- Travel insurance is also required to enter Bhutan, however this might be arranged on arrival as well.
- Proof of vaccination etc. might be required. Check Bhutan entry rules amid COVID-19.
- When the visa/permit is granted, we will send you official Visa/Permit clearance. You will present this document while checking into the Bhutan bound flight Bhutan or on land border.
- Now you only need to pack your luggage!
We will be happy to provide all necessary information to make your trip to Bhutan reasonable and successful. Please do contact us.