Traveling to Bhutan is easy. You can come in group or totally alone. You can fix your program according to your interests. Just follow the steps below.
Find Trip & Dates
- Find your Tour or trek
- Or Contact us for tips & quote
- Check best Climatic season
- Also consider Festival dates
Book Tour & Tickets
- Decide if you Arrive by flight
- Or Overland from India
- Consider Luxury hotels
- Book a trip with us to fix it all
Pay, get Visa & Go!
- Pay for the tour (card, account...)
- Get Visa Clearance
- Get all practical info from us
- Enjoy with our skillful team!
Contrary to popular myth, there is no limit on annual tourist arrivals. Actual bottleneck is the tour cost and capacity of the flight seats. We recommend starting Bhutan tour arrangements in due advance, ideally 6 months or even more.
Tourist visa/permit after the 20th June 2022 tourism reform
- Tourists entering Bhutan from all countries except of India needs to get visa costing 40 USD. Indian visitors need to arrange free travel permit.
- All tourists except Indian citizen have to pay Sustainable Development Fee (SDF) of 200 USD per person per night. Children below 5 years are exempted and below 12 years pay 50%.
- Indian tourists have to pay SDF of 1200 INR (~15 USD) per person per night with no discounts applicable.
- On top of the SDF, tourists need to pay for the services which might include lodging, transportation, guide, entry fees, meals etc.
- We will be happy to fix visa/permit application and SDF payment formalities and arrange all required services for all guests coming to Bhutan.
Full package cost
Firefox Tours is offering package costs in approximately following ranges. Cost greatly depends on tour length, accommodation etc. For precise calculation of any tour, kindly contact us.
Below daily rate is further complicated by duration discount introduced from June 2023 and valid till the end of 2024. See our blog post Duration discount is back! for details. Content of this page is yet to be updated to reflect this change.
|👫 People||🌐 World (USD rate)||🇮🇳 India (INR rate)|
|1||~400–550 USD||~16,000–28,000 INR|
|2||~350–450 USD||~12,000–20,000 INR|
|3+||~300–400 USD||~8,000–16,000 INR|
✅ Cost includes: Sustainable Development Fee. English-speaking guide. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Accommodation in 3★ hotels on double/twin sharing basis. Entrance fees. Transportation in a comfortable vehicle with a driver.
⛰️ During trekking: Accommodation in tents on trek. Services of cook and helper staff on trek. Dining tent with chairs, tables, plates, and cutlery. Luggage hauling on mules/yaks.
❎ Cost excludes: Bhutan visa 40 USD. International flight tickets. Drinks other than tea and coffee. Tips, personal expenses and other unexpected expenses. Bank transfer fees or card payment fee.
🎁 Complimentary from Firefox: Map of Bhutan given on arrival. Bottled water provided in the vehicle. Local SIM card with balance for data and call. Bhutan visit certificate to remember the tour.
🛌 Single room supplement: Odd participants needs to pay extra for single room arrangements.
Visa/permit application & issuing process
- For visa/permit issuing we need to receive advance payment. Payment should be executed minimum 7 days before the trip, so all the formalities can be arranged safely.
- You need to provide us scan of passport data page or voter's card (in case of Indian citizen) and passport sized photograph. Passport validity has to be minimum 6 months after the planned arrival date.
- Travel insurance is required to enter Bhutan. We recommend Trawick International which includes all required and can be fixed in a few clicks.
- When the visa/permit is granted, we will send you official Visa/Permit clearance. You will present this document while checking into the Bhutan bound flight Bhutan or on land border.
- On top of the SDF, tourists are required to pay for the required service which might include lodging, transportation, guide, entry fees, meals etc.
- Now you only need to pack your luggage!
We will be happy to provide all necessary information to make your trip to Bhutan reasonable and successful. Please do contact us.