Mountain biking is very popular activity among arriving tourist and even Bhutanese themselves.
Highly recommended areas for biking are Haa, Paro, Punakha, Phobjikha and Bumthang. Apart from hard top roads, there is number of feeder roads and trails connecting smaller villages.
Please mind that due to rugged topography, it is pretty much normal having to negotiate over thousand meters up and down in a one-day ride. So reasonable strength and stamina are required.
Check our Cycling tours to get idea about possible travel packages.
Mountain bike renting
We rent bikes manufactured by Giant Bicycles of Taiwan, the world's biggest bicycle manufacturer.
|L / 20"||Giant Talon 27.5 4|
|M / 18"||Giant Talon 27.5 2|
|M / 18"||Giant ATX Elite 0|
|S / 16"||Giant Talon 27.5 2|
- Different frame sizes can be arranged while requesting at least 1 month ahead.
- Renting cost: 30 USD / day including helmet and basic repair kit.
- Bikes can be rented from Thimphu or Paro only and has to be returned at the same place too.
- Other available bicycle brands which we can rent out are American Kona and Indonesian Polygon.
- Bicycle renting is only available for guests on full package tour from our company.
Races and competitions
Other option is Dragon Fury race which covers only 60 km from Punakha to Thimphu over Dochu-la pass.
Races are usually held at the end of August. See nearest upcoming date of Tour of the Dragon race.