Farmhouse is homestay type accommodation. Usually it is traditional village house inhabited by local family, who keep few rooms for the foreign guests.
Overnight in farmhouse is unique experience to witness traditional village life, but it also comes on sacrifice of some comfort. At some remote places, the farmhouse is the only fixed accommodation available.
- Private room for one person or couple
- Sleeping on ground level mattresses or simple beds
- All blankets and clean bedding provided
- Shared western or sometimes squat toilet
- Shared washbasin for basic hygiene
- No hot shower facility (only in some farmhouses)
- We mostly use farmhouses in village environment of Haa, Punakha, Gasa, Phobjikha, Lhuentse and in Merak-Sakteng but it can be arranged elsewhere.
- Taste real village meals
- Drink traditional salty suja tea
- Try ara, the home made made spirit
- See the daily life of ordianary village family
- Participate in daily chores (milking cow, churning butter...)
- Learn to play archery or khuru (darts)
- Hot stone bath (bath in wooden tub with water heated by fervent stones)
- Your stay is support to hardworking villagers